I’ve put off writing this for a while, I would say this is about the fifth attempt. I had a lot happen in my life last year, and writing a post like this makes it seem like it was just another year, when it really wasn’t. When you put goals like this up against losing someone you love or adding of your family, they seem really insignificant.
Acknowledging that, yearly goals and their corresponding update are a tradition I wish to keep up with, so I think this year I will just keep it short and sweet.
Finish one woodworking project a week
I didn’t finish 52 projects but I did make a dresser and maybe 25 other things, mostly on my new lathe. I would say about 10 to 12 of which were worth keeping, I was even able to use a few as Christmas presents.
Brew 6 times
I made two batches this year, but both turned out well. I made an English Mild and a Dunkelweissen. I used a kit for the English Mild and made the recipe for the Dunkel. I’d link to the
5 Web Projects
In the past year, I made:
- Camillia – The WordPress theme I am using on teageek.blog and here, still a work in progress
- rohdysheatingandcooling.com – A website for a local HVAC company
- jdsmarina.com – A website for a local marina.
- https://brentswisher.github.io/gray-harmonizer/. – This is a fun little open source page on GitHub for a design technique I’ve been using lately
- I also made a site for my brother’s wedding with an online RSVP, but that isn’t around to link to anymore.
Eat out less
This went well. It took a little to get consistent. For the second half of the year though, I would say I ate out once a month at the most.
Write/Post three things a month
Solidify a morning routine
Well, they can’t all be winners right? Didn’t really make any progress on this at all.